The only reversal agent that specifically targets FXa inhibitors1
ANDEXXA® binds to and sequesters FXa inhibitors, allowing native FXa to restore thrombin activity, a necessary step in fibrin and clot formation.*1-4
*ANDEXXA has not been shown to be effective for, and is not indicated for, the treatment of bleeding related to any FXa inhibitors other than apixaban or rivaroxaban.
ANDEXXA: a modified recombinant FXa protein1
ANDEXXA acts as a FXa decoy that:1,3
- Binds directly to free-floating FXa inhibitors with high affinity
- Sequesters FXa inhibitors
- Rapidly reduces free plasma concentration of FXa inhibitors, neutralizing their anticoagulant effect
See the standard of care guidelines from American College of Cardiology (ACC), CHEST, and more.
FXa is critical to thrombin generation in the coagulation cascade†1,2,4,5
†An improvement in hemostasis has not been established.1
1. Andexxa (prescribing information). Boston, MA: Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; 2021. 2. Data on file. Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
3. Siegal DM, Curnutte JT, Connolly SJ, et al. Andexanet alfa for the reversal of factor Xa inhibitor activity. N Engl J Med. 2015;373(25):2413-2424. 4. Morales-Vidal S, Schneck MJ, Flaster M, et al. Direct thrombin inhibitors and factor Xa inhibitors in patients with cerebrovascular disease. Expert Rev Neurother. 2012;12(2):179-190. 5. Lassen MR, Laux V. Emergence of new oral antithrombotics: a critical appraisal of their clinical potential. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2008;4(6):1373-1386.